MakingStarWars.net has published a new rumor about scenes with Owen and Beru Lars and their adoptive son Luke Skywalker in Obi-Wan Kenobi. This site is very reliable so all of the following is probably true. According to MakingStarWars:
- Obi-Wan is haunted by his failure with Anakin Skywalker. He has constant flashbacks of their past relationship.
- He believes that Luke can save the galaxy. He’s determined to protect him.
- In one sequence on Tatooine, Beru and little Luke look at toys in a market. They’re holding hands. Luke wants some toys but Beru says no. Luke is still happy to be off the farm. Obi-Wan watches them from afar.
- This is intercut with scenes of Leia’s life on Alderaan. In contrast with Luke, her room is full of stuff and she has droids to assist her.
- Later in the series, Obi-Wan meets Owen in the desert. He has brought a toy for Luke but Owen rejects the gift. Owen feels that Luke’s life is in danger because of Obi-Wan, and he doesn’t want the Jedi to form a bond with his adoptive son. Obi-Wan is saddened but he understands.
- Leia has an important role in the series, but Luke is more in the background.