In a previous leak about Obi-Wan Kenobi, MakingStarWars.net revealed that a young Jedi named Nari is searching for Obi-Wan on Tatooine while being hunted by the Inquisitors. Now the site has shared new details on the subject. Their leaks are almost always right so it’s certainly true. Spoiler alert!
- The Inquisitors take their time to hunt Nari on Tatooine. They play with him a little, hoping that they’ll discover some clues about other Jedi.
- Nari eventually finds Obi-Wan in the canyons. He calls Obi-Wan’s name, but the Jedi Master doesn’t answer. Nari insists, but Obi-Wan denies being Obi-Wan and he tells Nari that his name is “Ben”.
- Nari tells Obi-Wan that he’s in mortal danger and he needs his help. Then Obi-Wan stops pretending, and he tells Nari to give up on the Jedi Order and to bury his lightsaber in order to survive. Devastated, Nari leaves.
- Later, Obi-Wan needs to leave Tatooine in order to save Leia. Along the way to the spaceport, he sees the dead body of Nari, put on display by the Inquisitors. Obi-Wan failed another young Jedi.
- This theme of failure is reinforced in the series by flashback sequences with Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader.