Warning! Potential spoilers ahead.
JediPaxis, a reliable “leaker”, has posted an updated version of his summary of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker on Reddit. It includes the changes due to reshoots and edits. Click here to download it.
Below are the main changes concerning Palpatine’s scenes.
• When Kylo Ren finds Darth Vader’s wayfinder, he hears Palpatine’s voice calling him to come to him.
• When Palpatine meets Kylo, he doesn’t explicitly refute that he died on the Death Star II.
• Palpatine’s mentions of the “Force dyad” (a strong link between his granddaughter Rey and Kylo) have been deleted.
• Palpatine senses Leia’s death and he’s happy about it, because he thinks that Rey now has nobody to turn to but him.
• Luke Skywalker’s ghost tells Rey that he and Leia knew that Rey was a Palpatine.
• Palpatine’s royal guards appear during the final confrontation. Rey defeats them.
• Palpatine really wants Rey to kill him with anger, take over and carry on his legacy, but he fails to convince her. Sucking Rey and Ben Solo’s energy to rejuvenate himself was only his contingency plan.
• The appearance of Luke and Leia’s ghosts to help Rey against Palpatine was cut. Instead, Rey communes with many dead Jedi who spritually help her. The voices of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka Tano and Leia are heard among others.
Remember that those are just rumors for now.